2022 District 1 Current Championship , as of 7/13/22
NSRCA DISTRICT-1 Championship Points System
Current District I Championship Points Program
NSRCA District I encourages excellence in Pattern by recognizing district champions in each class. Pilots earn points toward the championship by competing in sanctioned contests.
- NSRCA membership. A Pilot must be an NSRCA member to be eligible to accumulate District I Championship points. A pilot who starts the season as a non-member may begin to accumulate points effective the date his membership application is received by the NSRCA Secretary or an NSRCA District I Official.
- Championship points. Championship points may be awarded to a pilot based on placement in a contest. Points are awarded as follows:
1st Place: 9 points
2nd Place: 7 points
3d Place: 5 points
4th Place: 3 points
5th Place: 1 point
- Best 5 results. Pilots are encouraged to participate in as many contests as possible.
- The pilot’s 5 best finishes for the season will count toward the Championship.
- Each pilot may include his/ her participation in up to one out-of District contest in these ‘best 5’ results.
- Ties in Championship standings:
- Ties are broken by extending the number of contests earning points to 6.
- If a tie still exists after considering 6 contests, then the tied pilot who has finished ahead of the other tied pilot the greater number of times out of the original 5 ‘best’ contests will be considered the Champion.
- Bonus points. One of the purposes of pattern contests is to promote Pattern flying. Though no contest is more important than any other contest, this rule is an effort to recognize outstanding performance at larger contests.
- A pilot who wins a contest in a class of 5 or more pilots will receive a bonus point for his finish in that contest; that is, his win will be worth 10 Championship points, not 9.
- A pilot may earn up to three bonus points in this manner during the course of the contest season.
- Total Possible Points. As described above, a pilot may earn a maximum of 48 points (5 first-place finishes and 3 bonus points) in a maximum of 5 counted contests during the season.
Past NSRCA DISTRICT-1 Champions
(Last updated 12/26/2021)
|Year \ Class||401 Sportsman||402 Intermediate||403 Advanced||404 Masters||406 FAI|
|1999||Jim Quinn||Dave Funk||David Cepas||Chris Dansereau||Dave Lockhart|
|2000||Frank Gioffredo||Dan Landis||Frank Granelli||David Cepas||Dave Lockhart|
|2001||Steve Teerlink||Todd Siegel||Dave Elsner||Chris Dansereau||George Asteris|
|2002||Art Riegel||Rick Wallace||Ken Velez||Eric Henderson||Dave Lockhart|
|2003||Joe Zeigenfus||Ron Lawrence||Rick Wallace||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2004||Scott Wallace||Scott Smith||Ed Alt||Ken Velez||Dave Lockhart|
|2005||Bill Markovitz||Joe Zeigenfus||Scott Smith||Steve Miller||Dave Lockhart|
|2006||Bruce Ginn||John Pavlick||Ron Lawrence||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2007||David Lampron||Carl Veit||Ron Lawrence||Ken Velez||Dave Lockhart|
|2008||Neil Hunt||Bruce Ginn||Joe Zeigenfus||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2009||Kosunin (Bert) Kiatkachon||Dean Lampron||Joe Zeigenfus||Steve Miller||Dave Lockhart|
|2010||Derek Gioffredo||Jeff Hatton||Riley Kissenberth||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2011||Dana Beaton||Bob Moulder||Joseph Zigenfus||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2012||Dana Beaton||Frank Iacobellis||Charles Moulder||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2013||Drake Marsaly||Dana Beaton||Charles Moulder||Joe Lachowski||
|2014||Lucky Macy||Bob Both||Jim Willing||Joe Lachowski||Dave Lockhart|
|2015||Andy Sabol||Dana Beaton||Jim Willing||Steve Miller||
|2016||Mike Gosson||Bob Both||Dale Hart||Stuart Chale||Dave Lockhart|
|2017||Jim Schwab||Andy Sabol||Lance Robbins||Stuart Chale||
|2018||Jim Schwab||Andy Sabol||Joe Lachowski||Steve Miller||Dave Lockhart|
|2019||John McMakin||Bob Afflerback||Dale Hart||Stuart Chale||David Lockhart|
|2020||NO CHAMPIONSHIP selected due to adverse impacts from Covid-19||NO CHAMPIONSHIP selected due to adverse impacts from Covid-19||NO CHAMPIONSHIP selected due to adverse impacts from Covid-19||NO CHAMPIONSHIP selected due to adverse impacts from Covid-19||
NO CHAMPIONSHIP selected due to adverse impacts from Covid-19
|2021||Tom McDonald||Bob Afflerback||Dale Hart||Stuart Chale||Dave Lockhart|